IT Service Support Center (ITSSC) – Lead – Annapolis, MD
IT Service Support Center (ITSSC) – Lead, POSITION DESCRIPTION
Location: Annapolis, MD Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
Job Description: The ITSSC Lead is a hands-on team lead is the focal point for receiving IT-related issues. They and their team will provide end-user system support regarding the resolution of problems, related to computer security, hardware, video teleconferencing (VTC) equipment, collaboration tools, software, Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System-Southwest Asia (CEN-TRIXS-SWA) desktop, secure/non-secure VOIP, connectivity to NIPRNet and SIPRNet, as well as informing end-users of status/resolution and logging events. They will coordinate resources with on-site contractor management, Federal customers, and governing authorities to ensure systems are maintained in accordance to DoD guidelines. Additional responsibilities include- training users, maintaining daily performance of computer systems, setup, configuration, and repair of systems, ticket creation and resolution, installation of computer peripherals, and resolving/replacing malfunctioning systems. Experience in applying and validating STIG application, responding to ISVMs, and performing routine system maintenance such as backups, patches, and system scans is required.
Coordinating their team activities and collaborating with other technical team members is vital to the success of this role. The ability to effectively communicate, understand requirements, develop and maintain SOPs, and helping determine priorities to maintain program uptime is required. Some after-hours work may be required for production system maintenance, with periodic on-call duties for system support.
This position requires an understanding of Microsoft Windows systems, basic LAN and WAN knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years relevant work experience, or 9 years relevant work experience.
- Either (1) Certified in both (a) Support and Troubleshooting Windows 10 and (b) Implementing and Managing Windows 10 or (2) certified as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or latest Microsoft Windows certification
- Security+ certification required. CompTIA A+
- DoD Approved Baseline Certifications as Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II
- Experience with Remedy/ITSM
- Proficiency in hardware and software installation and maintenance
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- US citizenship
If you believe you have the qualifications and are interested in this position, please send your resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.